Subject: Re: BUG: sky2: hw csum failure with dual-port copper NIC on SMP

From: Tony Battersby <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 14 Nov 2007 10:37:10 -0500

>> Do you want the test program I am using? It is a pretty basic
>> send()/recv() program, ~650 lines of C.
>>
>> Tony
>>
>>     
>
> Not really, iperf drives the problem fine.
>
>   

Thanks for the tip; I hadn't tried iperf before today.  I can reproduce
the problem with "iperf -s" on the system with the dual-port SysKonnect
NIC and "iperf -c host -t 120" on the two Intel PRO/1000 (e1000 driver)
client systems.  The problem doesn't seem to happen the other way around
though (running the server on the two Intel PRO/1000 systems and two
iperf clients on the SysKonnect system).  So the problem appears to be
triggered by recv() on the SysKonnect side but not send().

Tony