Subject: Re: ZD1211RW unaligned accesses...

From: Shaddy Baddah <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 22 Nov 2007 00:00:44 +1100

Hi David,

David Miller wrote:
> Shaddy I attach a hack patch that you can use which should get
> rid of the warnings.

It hasn't seemed to. I patched the source (confirming the patched lines 
are in), compiled, installed and rebooted to effect the changes. My 
zd1211rw modules timestamp indicates that I have an updated module:

$ ls -l /lib/modules/2.6.22/kernel/drivers/net/wireless/zd1211rw/zd1211rw.ko
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 84536 2007-11-21 23:18 
/lib/modules/2.6.22/kernel/drivers/net/wireless/zd1211rw/zd1211rw.ko

lsmod confirms the module is loaded. After activating the interface 
(without configuring it yet):

$ ifconfig eth2 up

I start getting the messages over and over on the console:

Kernel unaligned access at TPC[100ee624] do_rx+0x394/0x5ec [zd1211rw]
Kernel unaligned access at TPC[100ee62c] do_rx+0x39c/0x5ec [zd1211rw]
Kernel unaligned access at TPC[100ee638] do_rx+0x3a8/0x5ec [zd1211rw]

Sorry that this has not been successful this time, but thanks for your 
help. I will be trying to follow-up on some of the other questions put 
to me.

Regards,
Shaddy