Subject: Re: [PATCH RFC] [1/9] Core module symbol namespaces code and intro.

From: Rick Jones <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2007 18:01:20 -0800

Adrian Bunk wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 27, 2007 at 01:15:23PM -0800, Rick Jones wrote:
> 
>>>The real problem is that these drivers are not in the upstream kernel.
>>>
>>>Are there common reasons why these drivers are not upstream?
>>
>>One might be that upstream has not accepted them.  Anything doing or 
>>smelling of TOE comes to mind right away.
> 
> 
> Which modules doing or smelling of TOE do work with unmodified vendor 
> kernels?

At the very real risk of further demonstrating my Linux vocabulary 
limitations, I believe there is a "Linux Sockets Acceleration" 
module/whatnot for NetXen and related 10G NICs, and a cxgb3_toe (?) 
module for Chelsio 10G NICs.

rick jones