Subject: Re: [ANNOUNCE] Open-FCoE - Fibre Channel over Ethernet Project

From: Chris Leech <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2007 09:53:52 -0800

Christoph Hellwig wrote:
> I just did a very quick glance over the tree.  Some extremly highlevel
> comments to start with before actually starting the source review:

Thanks for taking a look Christoph

>  - why do you need your own libcrc?  lib/crc32.c has a crc32_le

We shouldn't, but we may want to add a CRC and copy routine.

>  - libsa should go.  Much of it is just wrappers of kernel functions
>    that should be used directly.  Other like that hash, even or state
>    helpers might either be opencoded in the caller or made completely
>    generic in lib/.  Probably the former but we'll have to see.

Yes, and along with it the last use of the BSD TAILQ macros.  Just 
before Rob set up the open repos I finished converting most of those to 
list_head, the only one left is in the sa_event mechanism.  Rather than 
convert it I'd like to replace the use of sa_event with notifier call 
chains.  I just need to finish auditing the use to make sure the 
differences won't cause unexpected problems.

After than and unwrapping kernel functions, I think the only thing left 
before completly removing libsa is to open code the state machines.

Similarly I think net_types.h need to go.

- Chris