Subject: Re: [PATCHv7 0/5 + 3] Interface group patches

From: Patrick McHardy <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2007 17:25:27 +0100

Laszlo Attila Toth wrote:
> Hello,
> 
> This is the 7th version of our interface group patches.

> Patches:
>  [1/5] Remove unnecessary locks from rtnetlink (in do_setlink)
>  [2/5] rtnetlink: send a single notification on device state changes
>  [3/5] Interface group: core (netlink) part
>  [4/5] Ifgroup read/write support in sysfs

I vote for these to go in, they're ready and there's no use in
reposting them again and again.

>  [5/5] Netfilter Interface group match

Then I'd queue this one and fix it up on top of my current tree

>  [iptables]Interface group match

This one I would queue until we have released the 1.4.0 version
of iptables. I don't want to release things that are not in
at least a -rc kernel yet.

>  [iproute2 1/2] Added IFLA_NET_NS_PID as in kernel v2.6.24-rc1
>  [iproute2 2/2] Interface group as new ip link option

And for these Stephen has to decide, but both look fine to me.