Subject: [PATCH 4/4] sky2: rtnl_lock out of loop will be faster

From: Wang Chen <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Dec 2007 16:50:09 +0800

[PATCH 4/4] [NETDEV] sky2: rtnl_lock out of loop will be faster

Before this patch, it gets and releases the lock at each
iteration of the loop. Changing unregister_netdev to
unregister_netdevice and locking outside of the loop will
be faster for this approach.

Signed-off-by: Wang Chen <[email-masked]>
---
 sky2.c |    4 +++-
 1 files changed, 3 insertions(+), 1 deletion(-)

--- linux-2.6.24.rc5.org/drivers/net/sky2.c	2007-12-12 10:19:43.000000000 +0800
+++ linux-2.6.24.rc5/drivers/net/sky2.c	2007-12-12 15:23:37.000000000 +0800
@@ -4270,8 +4270,10 @@ static void __devexit sky2_remove(struct
 	del_timer_sync(&hw->watchdog_timer);
 	cancel_work_sync(&hw->restart_work);
 
+	rtnl_lock();
 	for (i = hw->ports-1; i >= 0; --i)
-		unregister_netdev(hw->dev[i]);
+		unregister_netdevice(hw->dev[i]);
+	rtnl_unlock();
 
 	sky2_write32(hw, B0_IMSK, 0);