Subject: Re: [PATCH] [IPROUTE]: A workaround to make larger rto_min printed correctly

From: Jarek Poplawski <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 20 Dec 2007 21:24:42 +0100

Satoru SATOH wrote, On 12/20/2007 05:21 PM:

> i see. HZ can be < 1000.. i should be wrong.
> 
> however, i got the following,
> 
> [root iproute2.org]# ./ip/ip route change 192.168.140.0/24 dev eth1 rto_min 4s
> [root iproute2.org]# gdb -q ./ip/ip 

...

> (gdb) p hz
> $1 = 1000000000

That's why I had some doubts! I didn't study this enough, but my
(older) version definitely showed hz == 100. Maybe I'm wrong, but
looking into lib/util.c it seems this could be set differently
depending on system's configuration (or even kernel version).

So, probably this patch could sometimes work even for HZ < 1000,
but since it's your patch, I hope you do some additional checking
if it's always like this...

Cheers,
Jarek P.