Subject: [PATCH] New driver "sfc" for Solarstorm SFC4000 controller - 3nd try

From: Robert Stonehouse <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 21 Dec 2007 16:53:40 +0000

This is a resubmission of a new driver for Solarflare network controllers.

The driver supports several types of PHY (10Gbase-T, XFP, CX4) on six
different 10G and 1G boards.

The previous thread was:
  [PATCH] [RFC] New driver "sfc" for Solarstorm SFC4000 controller
  http://marc.info/?l=linux-netdev&m=119757352830103&w=2

Thanks to the people who looked at the previous patches. We have addressed
the following from received comments after the 2nd submission:
  - Use kzalloc where appropriate
  - Remove deprecated fastcall attributes
  - Use kernel routines for hex dumps and MAC address printing
  - Changes to logging MACROs

The last two patches were marked with RFC but I now think that this driver
is ready (withstanding any further review comments) and I would like to ask
that this driver is considered for merging.

The patch (against net-2.6.25) is at:
     https://support.solarflare.com/netdev/3/net-2.6.25-sfc-2.2.0029.patch

The new files may also be downloaded as a tarball:
     https://support.solarflare.com/netdev/3/net-2.6.25-sfc-2.2.0029.tgz

And for verification there is:
     https://support.solarflare.com/netdev/3/MD5SUMS

Happy Christmas

-- 
Robert Stonehouse