Subject: Re: sunhme x86 SMP issues

From: Jarek Poplawski <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 08 Jan 2008 00:01:20 +0100

Costa Tsaousis wrote, On 12/27/2007 10:00 AM:

> Merry Christams,
> 
> I would like to report incompatibilities of the sunhme driver with x86 SMP.
> 

Hi Costa,

It seems your report has to wait for better times... I'm not driver's
expert, but maybe you could try some of these:

- since 'the list' seems to be busy now, opening a bug report at
bugzilla.kernel.org (copy most of these information and lspci -vvv)
looks like the best way to not forget about this,

- I'd a look at the code and it seems it uses quite coarse locking,
so it could be SMP unfriendly by design...; could you try with
kernel boot parameter: noirqbalance (or read about SMP issues e.g.
for another card Documentation/networking/cxgb.txt).

Regards,
Jarek P.