Subject: Re: [PATCH][VLAN] Merge tree equal tails in vlan_skb_recv

From: Patrick McHardy <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 09 Jan 2008 19:42:37 +0100

Pavel Emelyanov wrote:
> Hi, Patrick.
> 
>> Pavel Emelyanov wrote:
>>> There are tree paths in it, that set the skb->proto and then
>>> perform common receive manipulations (basically call netif_rx()).
>>>
>>> I think, that we can make this code flow easier to understand
>>> by introducing the vlan_set_encap_proto() function (I hope the 
>>> name is good) to setup the skb proto and merge the paths calling 
>>> netif_rx() together.
>>>
>>> Surprisingly, but gcc detects this thing and merges these paths
>>> by itself, so this patch doesn't make the vlan module smaller.
>>
>> I already have something similar queued, but your patch is a nice
>> cleanup on top. I'll merge it into my tree and send it out after
>> some testing, hopefully today.
>>
> 
> What are your plans about this patch? Should I resubmit this one?

Sorry, I'm pretty backlogged from Christmas, but I have your patch
queued and hope to catch up until the end of this week.