Subject: Re: [klibc] [patch] import socket defines

From: "H. Peter Anvin" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 10 Jan 2008 23:42:28 -0800

H. Peter Anvin wrote:
> 
> Right now, glibc is special-cased.  glibc also tends to be very 
> deliberate about its kernel header inclusions.  It wants a subset of the 
> available defines, so it can include a subset header.
> 
> The reverse is definitely possible too -- all other users (kernel, 
> newlib, dietlibc, uclibc, and klibc) can change and leave the current 
> state for glibc.
> 
> We can special-case the kernel in the above case, but that would involve 
> some additional ugliness.
> 

Just to clarify: I don't have any strong opinions for any particular 
option -- I'm fine with either.  I'd just like to get rid of the 
ugliness of having #defines for any particular user spaces, and I'd 
prefer two include files over feature test macros.

	-hpa