Subject: Re: [Bugme-new] [Bug 9721] New: wake on lan fails with sky2 module

From: supersud501 <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 13 Jan 2008 14:22:11 +0100

Rafael J. Wysocki wrote:

> 
> Since it seems to be 100% reproducible, it would be very helpful if you could
> use git-bisect to identify the offending commit.
> 

allright, bisect found the offending commit, here's what i've done:

first i started bisect with the following command (since i assumed it is 
a net-driver problem):

git-bisect start 'v2.6.24-rc6' 'v2.6.23' '--' 'drivers/net/'

after building many kernels and saying good/bad if wol worked/didn't 
work etc. it identified the following commit:

# bad: [ac93a3946b676025fa55356180e8321639744b31] sky2: enable PCI 
config writes

and refs/bisect/bad gives:

14:16:53 /usr/src/linux-2.6/.git # cat refs/bisect/bad
ac93a3946b676025fa55356180e8321639744b31

need some more info?