Subject: Re: [RFC][PATCH] Fixing SA/SP dumps on netlink/af_key

From: Timo Teräs <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2008 11:38:13 +0200

David Miller wrote:
> From: Timo_Teräs <[email-masked]>
> Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2008 11:20:42 +0200
> 
>> Where as the pfkey bug fix is non-intrusive and helps all
>> legacy applications still using af_key by _fixing a bug in
>> kernel_.
> 
> It's not a bug.  You're fixing a speed issue, not a crash
> or a case where AF_KEY is providing incorrect data.
> 
> That is what I mean when I mean "life support", we fix crashes and
> data corruption.  We don't make performance tweaks.

No. The speed issue is complitely handled in xfrm_state
and xfrm_user changes.

The af_key issue is that in big dumps you get only first X
entries. The rest of the entries are dropped because the
socket receive buffer goes full. You get data corruption:
missing entries.

- Timo