Subject: Re: [PATCH 3/5] netns netfilter: return new table from {arp,ip,ip6}t_register_table()

From: Patrick McHardy <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2008 17:57:16 +0100

Alexey Dobriyan wrote:
> Typical table module registers xt_table structure (i.e. packet_filter)
> and link it to list during it. We can't use one template for it because
> corresponding list_head will become corrupted. We also can't unregister
> with template because it wasn't changed at all and thus doesn't know in
> which list it is.
> 
> So, we duplicate template at the very first step of table registration.
> Table modules will save it for use during unregistration time and actual
> filtering.
> 
> Do it at once to not screw bisection.

Applied, thanks.

> P.S.: renaming i.e. packet_filter => __packet_filter is temporary until
>       full netnsization of table modules is done.

It seems this could have been avoided by ordering the patches
differently (I probably would also have done 4/5 as 1/5).