Subject: Re: [PATCH] Optimize cxgb3 xmit path (a bit)

From: Divy Le Ray <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2008 16:04:35 -0800

Krishna Kumar wrote:
> Changes:
> 	1. Add common code for stopping queue.
> 	2. No need to call netif_stop_queue followed by netif_wake_queue (and
> 	   infact a netif_start_queue could have been used instead), instead
> 	   call stop_queue if required, and remove code under USE_GTS macro.
> 	3. There is no need to check for netif_queue_stopped, as the network
> 	   core guarantees that for us (I am sure every driver could remove
> 	   that check, eg e1000 - I have tested that path a few billion times
> 	   with about a few hundred thousand qstops but the condition never
> 	   hit even once).
>
> Thanks,
>   

Hi Krishna,

Thanks for the work.
There is however a bit more cleaning to do regarding the USE_GTS macro.
I'll post a patch soon that will take your points in account.

Cheers,
Divy