Subject: Re: [Patch 2.6.24 1/3]S2io: Support for vlan_rx_kill_vid entry point

From: Jeff Garzik <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2008 11:12:59 -0500

Sreenivasa Honnur wrote:
> - Added s2io_vlan_rx_kill_vid entry point function for unregistering vlan.
> - Fix to aggregate vlan packets. IP offset is incremented by
>   4 bytes if the packet contains vlan header.
> - resubmit for 2.6.24 kernel
> 
> Signed-off-by: Surjit Reang <[email-masked]>
> Signed-off-by: Ramkrishna Vepa <[email-masked]>

it's difficult to sort through these patches, because they clash a bit 
with the kernel development model.

You always need to send against the latest kernel (generally davem's 
tree if it's during -rc bug fix cycle, or linus's otherwise).

Once the changes are in place, then email the commit ids or backported 
patches to [email-masked] for inclusion in an already-released kernel.

In this case, 2.6.24 was well on its way to being released weeks ago, 
when this set of patches was last resend (and then I subsequently 
screwed up, and apparently applied a wrong patch, as discussed)

So what we need are patches against the latest kernel 
(torvalds/linux-2.6.git), and after those are applied, email 
[email-masked] with whatever you want in 2.6.24.x.

	Jeff