Subject: Re: network namespace ipv6 perfs

From: Rick Jones <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 03 Mar 2008 11:38:49 -0800

Daniel Lezcano wrote:
> Hi,
> 
> Some performance tests was made by Benjamin to watch out the impact of 
> the network namespace. The good news is there is no impact when used 
> with or without namespaces. That has been checked using a real network 
> device inside a network namespace.

The *_RR tests seem to show a drop in througput and corresponding 
increases in service demand - could that be because things like TSO et 
al cannot mask much of anything in the way of a path-length increase?

 From the annotations, I'm ass-u-me-ing that NS was only used on the 
netperf side and not both netperf and netserver side?

happy benchmarking,

rick jones

> These results are consistent with the ones previously made for ipv4.
> 
> http://lxc.sourceforge.net/network/bench_ipv6_graph.php
> 
> Thanks to Benjamin who did all the performance tests :)
>