Subject: Re: [PATCH 6/6] drivers/net/e1000 - Convert int32_t to s32

From: "Kok, Auke" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 19 Mar 2008 14:03:58 -0700

Joe Perches wrote:
> Signed-off-by: Joe Perches <[email-masked]>
> ---
>  drivers/net/e1000/e1000_hw.c   |  486 ++++++++++++++++++++--------------------
>  drivers/net/e1000/e1000_hw.h   |   58 +++---
>  drivers/net/e1000/e1000_main.c |    4 +-
>  3 files changed, 274 insertions(+), 274 deletions(-)

can you do all the 4 conversions in a single patch? most of these hunks are now
quadrupled into patches (they all touch the same parts of the files mostly), and
that doesn't improve git-blame output nor reviewability.

so just one patch for ixgb and one patch for e1000 should suffice, instead of 4
for each driver :)

thanks Joe

Auke

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
This SF.net email is sponsored by: Microsoft
Defy all challenges. Microsoft(R) Visual Studio 2008.
http://clk.atdmt.com/MRT/go/vse0120000070mrt/direct/01/