Subject: Re: [PATCH / RFC 0/2] spinlocks fixup in fec / m68knommu driver

From: Greg Ungerer <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 28 Mar 2008 16:51:35 +1000

Hi Sebastion,

Sebastian Siewior wrote:
> I got into this after turning on spinlock debugging.
> 
> Jeff: The dev->hard_start_xmit callback is always called from softirq
> context so it is save to use spin_lock_irq(), right?
> 
> Greg: The isr (fec_enet_rx()) calls three functions. All
                 (fec_enet_interrupt())
> but fec_enet_rx() are grabbing the spinlock. Is this on purpose?

No, it looks broken :-(

Regards
Greg

-- 
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Greg Ungerer  --  Chief Software Dude       EMAIL:     [email-masked]
Secure Computing Corporation                PHONE:       +61 7 3435 2888
825 Stanley St,                             FAX:         +61 7 3891 3630
Woolloongabba, QLD, 4102, Australia         WEB: http://www.SnapGear.com