Subject: Re: [PATCH 5/5] m68knommu: dont allocate unused interrupts

From: Greg Ungerer <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 03 Apr 2008 19:34:41 +1000

Sebastian Siewior wrote:
> * Greg Ungerer | 2008-04-03 16:47:58 [+1000]:
>>> This is because we register & enable way more interrupt sources than we
>>> actually handle. FEC_ENET_RXF (packet received), FEC_ENET_TXF (packet
>>> trasmitted) and FEC_ENET_MII (mii command done) are handled by the ISR.
>>> In my case FEC_ENET_RXB caused this because it was not handled, registered 
>>> and
>>> rarely the only flag in the status reg. Registering an interrupt source 
>>> without
>>> enabling it is also pointless.
>>> This patch removes them all except the three that are handled by the isr.
>> After the last discussions on uclinux-dev about this I have
>> a patch virtualy identical to this prepared for inclusion
>> in the 2.6.26 merge window.
> 
> So you drop this one. Great. That's why I asked you about a devel tree.
> The latest uclinux patch is linux-2.6.24-uc0.patch.gz which does not
> contain such a fix. The latest dist snapshot patch is from 2008-03-05
> and is about 147 MiB. I took a look at the diffstat
> (9.67 KB/s) - `uClinux-dist-20070130-20080305.diffstat' saved
> and yes, there are some modifications to fec.c but 10KiB/sec take me
> forever. I stared leeching it. The CVS [1] has no linux-2.6 directory.
> Therefore I assumed that is the latest one.
> I've been browsing the mailing list archive and did not find anything
> close to it (I found multicast discussions for instance).
> 
> Could please Cc me in future on your m68k patches? I would setup a git
> tree and feed them there. Alternatively I would be pleased if you could
> give me a pointer to your quilt series since I'm obviously not clever
> enough to find it.

I don't keep a quilt series or a git tree currently.

I release periodically in the form of the -uc patch series.

Regards
Greg

> [1] http://cvs.uclinux.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/uClinux-dist/
> 
>> Regards
>> Greg
> 
> Sebastian
> 

-- 
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Greg Ungerer  --  Chief Software Dude       EMAIL:     [email-masked]
SnapGear -- a Secure Computing Company      PHONE:       +61 7 3435 2888
825 Stanley St,                             FAX:         +61 7 3891 3630
Woolloongabba, QLD, 4102, Australia         WEB: http://www.SnapGear.com