Subject: Re: [PATCH] Stochastic Fair Blue queue discipline

From: Patrick McHardy <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 08 Apr 2008 17:45:25 +0200

Juliusz Chroboczek wrote:
>>> I think we have multiple qdiscs now doing very similar such hashes.
>>> Any chance this could be factored out into a common library function
>>> first?
> 
>> I'd suggest to use the flow classifier for this. For simplicity
>> you could attach a default classifier that uses the same keys as
>> this one.
> 
> I'm not sure I know what you're speaking about.  Could you please
> point me at code somewhere?

Check out a recent tree (either Linus' current tree or ideally
the net-2.6.26.git tree from

git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/davem/net-2.6.26.git

and look at net/sched/cls_flow.c and the recent changes to
net/sched/sch_sfq.c for external classifiers. There are also
a number of other incompatible changes that your patch needs
to be adapter to, most importantly the use of the new netlink
infrastructure.