Subject: Re: [patch] e1000=y && e1000e=m regression fix

From: Dan Noe <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 11 Apr 2008 17:01:06 -0400

On 4/11/2008 14:51, Linus Torvalds wrote:
> Nobody wants to care deeply whether it's a PCI-E or PCI chip. In fact, 
> it's almost impossible to tell. Here, quickly, tell me which one mine is 
> (this is from /sbin/lspci):
> 
> 	00:19.0 Ethernet controller: Intel Corporation 82566DM Gigabit Network Connection (rev 02)
> 
> and tell me how you knew..

lspci -vv will tell you (if you're root :)!

Yet, the only part of that output that makes it even somewhat obvious is 
the "Link: Speed 2.5Gb/s, Width x1" which clearly makes no sense for 
legacy PCI.

Cheers,
Dan

-- 
                     /--------------- - -  -  -   -   -
                     |  Dan Noe
                     |  http://isomerica.net/~dpn/

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
This SF.net email is sponsored by the 2008 JavaOne(SM) Conference 
Don't miss this year's exciting event. There's still time to save $100. 
Use priority code J8TL2D2. 
http://ad.doubleclick.net/clk;198757673;13503038;p?http://java.sun.com/javaone