Subject: Re: 2.6.25-rc9: Reported regressions from 2.6.24

From: Patrick McHardy <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 13 Apr 2008 21:45:45 +0200

Rafael J. Wysocki wrote:
> This message contains a list of some regressions from 2.6.24, for which there
> are no fixes in the mainline I know of.  If any of them have been fixed already,
> please let me know.
>
>
> Bug-Entry	: http://bugzilla.kernel.org/show_bug.cgi?id=10323
> Subject		: panic using bridging on linus kernel 2.6.25-rc6
> Submitter	: Andy Gospodarek <[email-masked]>
> Date		: 2008-03-25 11:40 (20 days old)

This looks like another network-namespace regression.
icmp_send() does:

        net = rt->u.dst.dev->nd_net;

The bridge netfilter code attaches a fake dst_entry to the
skb which has dev == NULL when passing it to IPv4 netfilter.

Pavel, do you have a better ideas for fixing this than
instantiating a dst_entry in br_netfilter.c for every
device (or at least for every namespace)?