Subject: Re: [PATCH 00/10] sysfs tagged directories

From: Daniel Lezcano <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 05 May 2008 01:13:22 +0200

Serge E. Hallyn wrote:
> Quoting Eric W. Biederman ([email-masked]):
>> "Serge E. Hallyn" <[email-masked]> writes:
>>
>>> Quoting Eric W. Biederman ([email-masked]):
>>> Ok as it turns out Benjamin Thery does in fact have a patch to fix this.
>>> Benjamin, please send your renaming patch out tomorrow if you can?
>>>
>>> I guess this is why I didn't really see the problem Benjamin said there
>>> was - it just works with SYSFS_DEPRECATED  :)
>> It will be nice to see that patch.  I'm curious what the problem was.
>>
>> Eric
> 
> Here is the patch he had privately sent.  As the comments indicate he's
> still refining it so yell at me not him...   but this on top of the
> tagged dir patchset makes everything work for me.
> 
> (I'd *really* like to see network namespaces be generally usable sometime
> in 2.6.26.)

Serge,

I posted a fix to Dave Miller which was included in net-2.6 and merged 
in 2.6.26-rc1.

http://marc.info/?l=linux-netdev&m=120959135229360&w=2

This one should fix your problem for sysfs.

There is another fix to do in order to avoid name conflicts with network 
interfaces belonging to different namespaces, eg. allows to rename 
veth1234 to eth0 without conflicting with the network device belonging 
in init_net, I send this patch to container@ first to have it merged 
with the sysfs patchset.

Thanks,

   -- Daniel