Subject: Re: Fix FRTO+NewReno problem (Was: Re: This has a work around)

From: "Damon L. Chesser" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 08 May 2008 13:05:38 -0400

Ilpo Järvinen wrote:

Snip
>
> Could you next try with tcp_frto set to 1, if my theory proves to be 
> correct, it too should be "enough" to fix the problem (in this 
> particular case). Of course you can verify the patch below too if you 
> want to, the patch should allow cups<->printer to work with tcp_frto = 
> 2 too. In case you have problem to apply the patch to the particular 
> version you're want to try with, just send a note about the version 
> number to me so I can adapt the patch for you (space etc. formatting 
> issues may show up because I recently run a code style cleanup on the 
> tcp code).
>
Ilpo,

and all others, please ignore frtoprob1.txt.  I ran the test on the 
wrong kernel.  The tested kernel was 2.6.23.17-amd64 and should have 
been 2.6.24-1-amd64.  I am re-running the test and will forward the new 
dump.  No idea why 2.6.23.17 did not print, it always did before.  I am 
sure I did something stupid, feeling a bit under the weather.  Sorry for 
the confusion.  New test comming shortly.

-- 
Damon L. Chesser
[email-masked]
http://www.linkedin.com/in/dchesser