Subject: Re: NIU - Sun Neptune 10g - Transmit timed out reset (2.6.24)

From: Jesper Krogh <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 12 May 2008 08:52:32 +0200

David Miller wrote:
> From: Jesper Krogh <[email-masked]>
> Date: Sat, 10 May 2008 13:01:08 +0200
> 
>> Any good suggestions about the "Transmit timed out" messages. It
>> currently leads to a system that "doesnt die" but doesnt respond within
>> 15 minutes of load of the network adapter.
> 
> It's likely some bug in the driver that hangs the card for whatever
> reason, which we'll need to work out.

Ok. I have been testing a bit more. It generally works fine, It seems
the "transmit timed out" thing was provoked by dd in the tests, because
it was creating a lot of small requests. (default bs=512).(over NFS).
When the  blocksize went up, the problem dissapered. (and the numer of
context-switches went down).

When the blocksize went up, the performance likewise raised to 615MB/s.
I haven't been able to get pass that number.

This is where one of the cpu's are settling at 100% load.

Jesper

-- 
Jesper