Subject: Re: [PATCH 01/05] smc911x: Remove unused 8-bit I/O operations

From: Jeff Garzik <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 03 Jun 2008 19:20:15 -0400

Andrew Morton wrote:
> On Mon, 02 Jun 2008 20:37:14 +0900
> Magnus Damm <[email-masked]> wrote:
> 
>> From: Magnus Damm <[email-masked]>
>> ...
>> Signed-off-by: Magnus Damm <[email-masked]>
> 
> It's a bit strange to have the Author: line using one email address and
> the s-o-b using a different one. (It's fairly common though).
> 
> It is fixable by putting the desired From: address right at the top of
> the changelog, in the email body.

FWIW, I tend to think it's useful...  I like to use @redhat.com 
sign-offs because I'm working on behalf of red hat, but for all non-NDA 
email I use an account that doesn't depend on my employer.

Because of the potential for unintended info leakage these days, 
corporate email access is reclaimed the minute you leave a company.  It 
isn't wise to depend on the corporate email account.

That's why I patiently and kindly ask people to email me at the 
addresses I've always used for open source (jgarzik@pobox, jeff@garzik). 
  Open conversations don't need to get locked in a corporate tomb :)

	Jeff