Subject: [PATCH RFC]: e1000: allow VLAN devices to use TSO and CSUM offload

From: Patrick McHardy <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 Jul 2008 12:05:15 +0200

This patch changes e1000 to set vlan_features so TSO and CSUM
offload can be used by VLAN devices, similar as with the other
Intel drivers.

Only RFC because I don't know whether there is buggy hardware
that doesn't support this properly, but feel free to apply in
case there isn't.

commit 9648c6ef22e4f6e14ed5b5d91d9809779bb520c7
Author: Patrick McHardy <[email-masked]>
Date:   Wed Jul 16 11:45:09 2008 +0200

    e1000: allow VLAN devices to use TSO and CSUM offload
    
    Signed-off-by: Patrick McHardy <[email-masked]>

diff --git a/drivers/net/e1000/e1000_main.c b/drivers/net/e1000/e1000_main.c
index f8df8bd..b6b3135 100644
--- a/drivers/net/e1000/e1000_main.c
+++ b/drivers/net/e1000/e1000_main.c
@@ -1011,6 +1011,11 @@ e1000_probe(struct pci_dev *pdev,
 
 	netdev->features |= NETIF_F_LLTX;
 
+	netdev->vlan_features |= NETIF_F_TSO;
+	netdev->vlan_features |= NETIF_F_TSO6;
+	netdev->vlan_features |= NETIF_F_HW_CSUM;
+	netdev->vlan_features |= NETIF_F_SG;
+
 	adapter->en_mng_pt = e1000_enable_mng_pass_thru(&adapter->hw);
 
 	/* initialize eeprom parameters */