Subject: Re: [Bugme-new] [Bug 11144] New: dhcp doesn't work with iwl4965

From: François Valenduc<[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 23 Jul 2008 13:29:54 +0200

Patrick McHardy a écrit :
> François Valenduc wrote:
>> OK, thanks for the explanation. But do you have more ideas about the 
>> problem ?
>
> I tested myself using dhcpcd 3.2.3 on an ethernet device and it
> works fine, so this appears to be driver related.
>
>

I also noticed that DHCP works without problem with my ethernet card 
(using the sky2 driver), so there seems to be a problem or conflict with 
the iwl4965 driver. However, if I use dhclient instead of dhcpcd, I can 
get an IP adress with DHCP and the DNS servers are correctly written in 
/etc/resolv.conf. Unfortunately, name resolution doesn't work, even if I 
can ping the DNS server.

--
To unsubscribe from this list: send the line "unsubscribe linux-wireless" in
the body of a message to [email-masked]
More majordomo info at  http://vger.kernel.org/majordomo-info.html