Subject: Re: Current Git: BUG: unable to handle kernel paging request at 0000000001a40ca0

From: Dieter Ries <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 23 Jul 2008 20:01:36 +0200

Vegard Nossum schrieb:
> Hi,

Hi,

> 
> Dieter: If this is reproducible, it would probably help quite a bit to
> configure the kernel with CONFIG_SLUB_DEBUG and boot with
> slub_debug=FZPUT (unless you already have CONFIG_SLUB_DEBUG_ON set, in
> which case you are already running with the SLUB debugging at boot).
> It might catch the corruption before it becomes fatal, or give us some
> more clues anyway.
> 

I am bisecting the bug right now, as it is kind of reproducible. Its 
always network related, sometimes it happens when init brings up the 
nics, sometimes afterwards with ifconfig etc.

I will add CONFIG_SLUB_DEBUG_ON for the next runs, next time it happens 
I will post the output.

> Vegard
cu
Dieter