Subject: Re: [Bugme-new] [Bug 11297] New: OOPS in rt6_fill_node

From: Brian Haley <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 11 Aug 2008 19:44:42 -0400

David Miller wrote:
> From: "Parag Warudkar" <[email-masked]>
> Date: Sun, 10 Aug 2008 21:05:07 -0400
> 
>> On Sun, Aug 10, 2008 at 8:30 PM, Brian Haley <[email-masked]> wrote:
>>
>>> John sent me email off-line saying the patch fixed the problem, but he'd do
>>> more testing over the weekend.
>> I did test the patch and it now spits out "EOF on netlink" like
>> mentioned in bugzilla, which is not consistent with earlier behavior
>> which was to output -
>> unreachable fec0::1 dev lo  table unspec  proto none  src ::1  metric
>> -1  error -101 hoplimit 255 .
> 
> We need to resolve this, Brian?

I don't see "EOF on netlink" on 2.6.27-rc2.  I can dig-up a 2.6.24 
kernel, I'm just wondering if that EOF happens when the IPv6 module 
isn't loaded or something?

-Brian