Subject: Re: [PATCH] IPv6:fix the return interface index when get it while no message is received

From: Yang Hongyang <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 19 Aug 2008 14:28:16 +0800

David Miller wrote:
> From: Vlad Yasevich <[email-masked]>
> Date: Mon, 18 Aug 2008 09:31:07 -0400
> 
>> I don't think that's correct at all.  The code path shows here is
>> when there are no received options and no sticky options set.  In
>> such case, we shouldn't be returning multicast or bound interfaces.
>> We should be returning 0.

I use setsockopt() to set the bounded interface of the socket, and 
then I get receiving interface index while no message is received through
the above socket,shoudn't the bounded interface be returned?

>>
>> Additionally the address returned is completely bogus as well. We
>> are returning the address our peer instead of the one of our own
>> addresses.

If message is received,the address returned is what the received
message refered to, otherwise the address returned is what I used setsockopt()
to set before.

> 
> Yang, please fix this up, thank you.
> 
> 

Seems that I misunderstood the RFC?