Subject: Re: IP-less bridge as a martian source

From: Jarek Poplawski <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 22 Oct 2008 19:36:08 +0200

Jarek Poplawski wrote, On 10/22/2008 07:22 PM:

> Ferenc Wagner wrote, On 10/22/2008 05:00 PM:
> 
>> Ferenc Wagner <[email-masked]> writes:
>>
>>> I expected an IP-less bridge interface to pick up no IP packets, but
>>> apparently this isn't the case: broadcast packets with destination
>>> address 255.255.255.255 are reported as martians by the 2.6.1

...

>>>   2. I tried to cut down the logs by explicit iptables drops, but
>>>      didn't succeed.  Does martian detection happen before the
>>>      netfilter rules?  (I know I can disable martian logging by
>>>      interface, but wanted finer granularity.)
> 
> 
> It's after netfilter's PREROUTING. (BTW, it's also after ingress
> qdisc where you can try some filtering.)

On the other hand, if it's a bridge, you should probably have a look
at ebtables instead of iptables.

Jarek P.