Subject: Re: [PATCH] tcp FRTO: in-order-only "TCP proxy" fragility workaround (fwd)

From: Dâniel Fraga <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 2 Oct 2008 08:17:01 -0300

On Thu, 2 Oct 2008 12:42:44 +0200 (CEST)
Thomas Gleixner <[email-masked]> wrote:

>   echo sym-verbose > /debug/tracing/iter_ctrl

	Ok, this one I changed to:

echo verbose > /debug/tracing/iter_ctrl

	;) since there's no sym-verbose.

> Find below a patch which disables the tracer when the listen overflow
> is detected. It could occassionally be hit in a legimate case as well,
> but we did not come up with any better idea.

	Ok, I applied the patch, but it returns this error:

  CC      kernel/trace/ftrace.o
kernel/trace/ftrace.c: In function 'stop_event_tracer_now':
kernel/trace/ftrace.c:73: error: 'tracer_enabled' undeclared (first use in this function)
kernel/trace/ftrace.c:73: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
kernel/trace/ftrace.c:73: error: for each function it appears in.)
make[2]: *** [kernel/trace/ftrace.o] Error 1
make[1]: *** [kernel/trace] Error 2
make: *** [kernel] Error 2

> If it triggers, please cat /debug/tracing/trace to a file. Can you
> bzip2 and upload it to some place. The trace does not contain any
> sensible private information.

	Ok. Thanks.
--