Subject: Re: [PATCH] Stop scaring users with "treason uncloaked!"

From: Jan Ceuleers <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 19 Dec 2008 10:40:16 +0100

Alan Cox wrote:
>> $ grep fire drivers/char/lp.c
>>                         printk(KERN_INFO "lp%d on fire\n", minor);
> 
> Interesting. It got changed and then the change got lost between 2.2 and
> 2.4 somewhere. It was changed to report
> 
> "lp0 reported invalid error status (on fire, eh?)"
> 
> and it looks like that needs re-fixing.

/usr/src/linux# fgrep -r " on fire" *
arch/i386/kernel/cpu/mcheck/p5.c:               printk(KERN_EMERG 
"CPU#%d: Possible thermal failure (CPU on fire ?).\n", smp_processor_id());
drivers/macintosh/therm_windtunnel.c:   {  1, 0xfffff, 1 }      /* on 
fire */
drivers/char/lp.c:                      printk(KERN_INFO "lp%d on 
fire\n", minor);
drivers/net/eexpress.c:         "board on fire"));
include/asm-sparc64/solerrno.h:#define  SOL_ENETDOWN       127   /* Your 
subnet is on fire           */
include/asm-sparc/solerrno.h:#define    SOL_ENETDOWN       127   /* Your 
subnet is on fire           */