Subject: Re: [RFC 3/4] net: pppol2tp - introduce net-namespace functionality

From: James Chapman <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 10 Jan 2009 15:05:13 +0000

Cyrill Gorcunov wrote:
> [Cyrill Gorcunov - Sat, Jan 10, 2009 at 02:13:59PM +0300]
> | [James Chapman - Sat, Jan 10, 2009 at 11:06:08AM +0000]
> | | Cyrill Gorcunov wrote:
> | | > - Each tunnel and appropriate lock are inside own namespace now.
> | | > - pppox code allows to create per-namespace sockets for
> | | >   both PX_PROTO_OE and PX_PROTO_OL2TP protocols. Actually since
> | | >   now pppox_create support net-namespaces new PPPo... protocols
> | | >   (if they ever will be) should support net-namespace too otherwise
> | | >   explicit check for &init_net would be needed.

Ok, I tested this in my L2TP setup. The first ppp session setup fails
because the PPPIOCNEWUNIT ioctl returns -EEXIST. I think the problem is
 the logic in ppp_create_interface(), which does the following to create
a new ppp interface:

        /* Initialize the new ppp unit */
        ppp->file.index = unit;
        sprintf(dev->name, "ppp%d", unit);

        ret = register_netdev(dev);

Looks like there is more work to do in the ppp changes.

-- 
James Chapman
Katalix Systems Ltd
http://www.katalix.com
Catalysts for your Embedded Linux software development