Subject: Re: [PATCH] NET: fix wrong English expression in comments

From: Randy Dunlap <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 13 Jan 2009 15:30:31 -0800

[email-masked] wrote:
> On Tue, 13 Jan 2009 19:11:19 +1030, David Newall said:
>> Daolong Wang wrote:
>>> The patch will make sense for some people. I was puzzled about the
>>> double-negative for quite a while.
>>>   
>> "Don't add nothing," is not a colloquialism; it's just bad grammar.  The
>> meaning is that you must not add no thing, therefore that you must add
>> something.  It is a common error amongst English speakers, even amongst
>> those who speak good, but.  :-)
> 
> Those of us who have worked with weakly-typed languages who have coded
> stuff like 'X + 0.0' to cast X from string to floating point know all
> too well that sometimes, adding nothing is in fact what you want to do.

That didn't sway the argument^W discussion IMO.

for the patch:  Acked-by: Randy Dunlap <[email-masked]> // :)

~Randy