Subject: Re: Bad tg3 performance on S10 netbook

From: Ben Greear <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 14 Jan 2009 15:47:06 -0800

Michael Chan wrote:
> On Wed, 2009-01-14 at 14:18 -0800, Ben Greear wrote:
>> We tried turning on adaptive-rx (it is off by default), and again,
>> no improvement.
> 
> tg3 does not support adaptive-rx.  It will be quietly ignored by the
> driver.  ethtool -c will show that it is always off after you try to
> turn it on.

Ok.  It seems that it was still something to do with the processor
idling or something like that.  We booted with acpi=off and now the
system runs better (no rx-miss).

We'll move to a newer kernel soon..maybe that will work better.

Thanks,
Ben

-- 
Ben Greear <[email-masked]>
Candela Technologies Inc  http://www.candelatech.com