Subject: ixgbe in kernel driver question

From: Paweł Staszewski <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 30 Jan 2009 17:11:01 +0100

I have question about ixgbe in kernel driver compared to ixgbe driver 
that is on sourceforge
http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=42302&package_id=247088

What is difference between this drivers ?
and does driver in kernel 2.6.28.2

ixgbe: Intel(R) 10 Gigabit PCI Express Network Driver - version 1.3.30-k2
ixgbe: Copyright (c) 1999-2007 Intel Corporation.
ixgbe 0000:01:00.0: setting latency timer to 64

is this driver closest version to :
http://sourceforge.net/project/shownotes.php?release_id=611160&group_id=42302

on e1000.sourcerofge ??

Or this driver have different versions releases ? with different changes 
that are made in kernel tree network drivers

because i have problems with in kernel ixgbe drivers that i can compare 
to some fixes that are made in:
1.3.31.5 driver on e1000 site
http://sourceforge.net/project/shownotes.php?release_id=611160&group_id=42302

i think about this fix:

cpu utilization fix for MSI and legacy interrupts in kernels with CONFIG_NETDEVICES_MULTIQUEUE enabled but default (non multiqueue) aware qdisc loaded