Subject: Re: [PATCH] iptables: lock free counters

From: Patrick McHardy <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 20 Feb 2009 10:42:27 +0100

Rick Jones wrote:
>>>> Thanks Stephen, thats very cool stuff, yet another rwlock out of 
>>>> kernel :)
>>>
>>> Do you folks need/want further testing against the 32-core setup?
>>
>>
>> It would be good to combine all 3 (iptables-rcu, timer change, and 
>> conntrack lock)
>> to see what the overhead change is.
> 
> Fair enough. Is there a tree somewhere I can pull with all those in it, 
> or do I need to go back through the emails and apply patches?

You can use my nf-next.git tree from:

git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/kaber/nf-next-2.6.git

It contains the lock free counters, as well as smaller optimizations
from Eric. The last timer patch I've seen missed the actual conversion
to use mod_timer_pending(), but it would be great to have some numbers
on the conntrack lock changes. Thanks Rick!