Subject: Re: Marvell 88E609x switch?

From: Gary Thomas <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 02 Mar 2009 08:14:39 -0700

Jesper Dangaard Brouer wrote:
> On Mon, 2009-03-02 at 11:56 +0100, Jesper Dangaard Brouer wrote:
> 
>> You should write 0x003E ... see attached patch
> 
> Ups, I see (from the thread) that you have already done/tried this...
> 

Yes, although I think it will need some work in the future
(I've set it to 1000Mb connection, you said you used 100Mb, etc)

Question: I'm testing this by trying a ping out of my box.
Linux replies by sending an ARP packet out, and the destination
replies with an ARP packet in.  I can see from the ethtool stats
that the reply packets get into lan1.1 (the physical port I'm
using), but I don't see them get moved through the CPU port.
My understanding is that this should work via the VLAN map?
I checked that setup and it looks OK.

Any ideas where this might be going wrong?

Thanks

-- 
------------------------------------------------------------
Gary Thomas                 |  Consulting for the
MLB Associates              |    Embedded world
------------------------------------------------------------