Subject: Re: [RFC PATCH 00/17] virtual-bus

From: Avi Kivity <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 03 Apr 2009 15:02:22 +0300

Herbert Xu wrote:
> On Fri, Apr 03, 2009 at 02:54:02PM +0300, Avi Kivity wrote:
>   
>> It doesn't copy and queue the packet?  We use O_NONBLOCK and poll() so  
>> we can tell when we can queue without blocking.
>>     
>
> Well netif_rx queues the packet, but netif_rx_ni is netif_rx plus
> an immediate flush.
>   

But it flushes the tap device, the packet still has to go through the 
bridge + real interface?

Even if it's queued there, I want to know when the packet is on the 
wire, not on some random software or hardware queue in the middle.

-- 
I have a truly marvellous patch that fixes the bug which this
signature is too narrow to contain.