Subject: Re: No local loopback for mac80211_hwsim test setup

From: Daniel Wagner <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 07 Apr 2009 21:07:03 +0200

Johannes Berg wrote:
> On Fri, 2009-04-03 at 14:38 +0200, Daniel Wagner wrote:
> 
>> So my question is this possible what I'd like to do? If so, what's the
>> trick to get it working?
> 
> It's not possible locally, unfortunately, afaik.

Ok, I found workaround for my problem. I'm using a VM with a small
linux distro inside. The networking interface is bridge to the wlan
interface. With this setup I can have some services running and have
real traffic over the 'link'. Not really lightweight, but well, I
guess hardware vendors like this approach.

thanks,
daniel
--
To unsubscribe from this list: send the line "unsubscribe linux-wireless" in
the body of a message to [email-masked]
More majordomo info at  http://vger.kernel.org/majordomo-info.html