Subject: Re: IMQ bug: kernel reboot immediately

From: Patrick McHardy <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 23 Apr 2009 13:22:19 +0200

Salatiel Filho wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 23, 2009 at 07:28, Patrick McHardy <[email-masked]> wrote:
>> I'm aware of those claims, but not of the details. If this is true,
>> people should raise those issues and help resolve them. I wouldn't
>> hold my breath waiting for IMQ to get fixed.
>>
> 
> I would love to see a way to change where IFB hooks [if "hook" is the
> right term ], till now i dont think i am able to hook it after nat in
> prerouting and before nat in postrouting. Is there a way to do this ?
> What i basically do with IMQ is:
> 
> 
>                          eth0 [192.168.0.0/24]
> ppp0   <---->       eth1 [192.168.1.0/24]
>                          eth2 [192.168.2.0/24]
> 
> Using imq i can shape upload on ppp0 [postrouting] while still having
> the internal private ips from the hosts, and i can shape download in
> ppp0 [prerouting] after get the correct nat'ed addresses.
> 
> Is there a way to achieve this in IFB ? in a simple way ... :)

Currently not, the conntrack association is done at a later point.
We could add a classifier or TC action that performs the lookup
during ingress classification.

Alternatively classifiers using conntrack information (like cls_flow)
could perform the lookup directly, but that would probably get a bit
ugly since some validation needs to be performed previously and it
would add a module dependency on conntrack.