Subject: Re: IMQ bug: kernel reboot immediately

From: Patrick McHardy <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 23 Apr 2009 14:13:59 +0200

Jarek Poplawski wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 23, 2009 at 01:46:10PM +0200, Patrick McHardy wrote:
>> Jarek Poplawski wrote:
>>> On Thu, Apr 23, 2009 at 01:22:19PM +0200, Patrick McHardy wrote:
>>> ...
>>>> Currently not, the conntrack association is done at a later point.
>>>> We could add a classifier or TC action that performs the lookup
>>>> during ingress classification.
>>> BTW, some time ago I started to wonder how safe are those various
>>> ingress activities wrt. invalid packets, dropped later in ip_rcv().
>> Leaving aside the ipt action, I'm not aware of any problems caused
>> by ingress classification. Could you be more specific?
> 
> There is nothing specific yet. I hope these other classifiers and
> actions aren't mislead too much to go astray.

Generally, there shouldn't be any problems specific to ingress since
the classifiers have to expect all kinds of invalid packets on egress
as well.