Subject: Re: 2.6.27.19 + 28.7: network timeouts for r8169 and 8139too

From: Michael Riepe <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 13 May 2009 08:27:46 +0200

Hi!

Francois Romieu wrote:
> Michael Riepe <[email-masked]> :
> [...]
> 
>>How do lspci and dmesg report the chip? For mine, lspci says it's a
>>"RTL8111/8168B PCI Express Gigabit Ethernet controller (rev 02)" while
>>the kernel reports "RTL8168c/8111c at 0xffffc200000f6000,
>>00:1c:c0:b6:1a:4a, XID 3c4000c0".
> 
> 
> The XID is more specific than the first kernel report. lspci is less
> accurate.

Then the question is: Are there two different revisions with the same
XID, or is it always the same chip that sometimes works and sometimes
doesn't?

I can't remember anybody reporting that the Intel D945GCLF2 works for
them, so it might also be an interoperability issue.

-- 
Michael "Tired" Riepe <[email-masked]>
X-Tired: Each morning I get up I die a little