Subject: Re: [PATCH 2/2] r8169: allow true forced mode setting

From: Xose Vazquez Perez <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 16 May 2009 21:57:10 +0200

zOn 05/16/2009 02:50 PM, Jean Delvare wrote:

> If I read the code correctly, Realtek's driver (v6.010.00) only
> applies the quirk for RTL8169S and RTL8110S chips (what I have) and
> not the original RTL8169. Your code applies the quirk to all 3
> chips. Is this on purpose? Or am I missing something?

For reference, there it's the latest source code of Realtek drivers 
r8101/r8168/r8169 :

ftp://WebUser:[email-masked]/cn/nic/r8101-1.012.00.tar.bz2
ftp://WebUser:[email-masked]/cn/nic/r8168-8.012.00.tar.bz2
ftp://WebUser:[email-masked]/cn/nic/r8169-6.010.00.tar.bz2

>> (...)
>> +	if (tp->mac_version <= RTL_GIGA_MAC_VER_03) {
>> +		if ((speed == SPEED_100) && (autoneg != AUTONEG_ENABLE)) {
>> +			mdio_write(ioaddr, 0x17, 0x2138);
>> +			mdio_write(ioaddr, 0x0e, 0x0260);
>> +		} else {
>> +			mdio_write(ioaddr, 0x17, 0x2108);
>> +			mdio_write(ioaddr, 0x0e, 0x0000);
>> +		}
>> +	}
>> +
>>  	return 0;
>>  }

-thanks-

regards,

-- 
Polycommander, Erkowit, Urquiola, Andros Patria, Cason, Aegean Sea, Prestige, ...