Subject: Compilation of Realtek r8169-6.010.00 fails on 2.6.30

From: Torsten Mueller <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 14 Jun 2009 00:28:16 +0200

Hello,

i have problems compiling the driver for this card.
I want to test this driver to check, if it gives more
bandwidth in a gigabit network against the stock 2.6.30
vanilla kernel driver.

Can you lead me to a solution for this compilation problem ?

Thanks,
Torsten

slave:/usr/src/rtl8169/r8169-6.010.00 # make clean modules
make -C src/ clean
make[1]: Entering directory `/usr/src/rtl8169/r8169-6.010.00/src'
rm -rf *.o *.ko *~ core* .dep* .*.d .*.cmd *.mod.c *.a *.s .*.flags 
.tmp_versions Module.symvers Modules.symvers rset modules.order 
Module.markers
make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/rtl8169/r8169-6.010.00/src'
make -C src/ modules
make[1]: Entering directory `/usr/src/rtl8169/r8169-6.010.00/src'
make -C /lib/modules/2.6.30/build 
SUBDIRS=/usr/src/rtl8169/r8169-6.010.00/src modules
make[2]: Entering directory `/usr/src/linux-2.6.30'
   CC [M]  /usr/src/rtl8169/r8169-6.010.00/src/r8169_n.o
/usr/src/rtl8169/r8169-6.010.00/src/r8169_n.c: In function ‘rtl8169_open’:
/usr/src/rtl8169/r8169-6.010.00/src/r8169_n.c:2753: warning: passing 
argument 2 of ‘request_irq’ from incompatible pointer type
/usr/src/rtl8169/r8169-6.010.00/src/r8169_n.c: In function 
‘rtl8169_interrupt’:
/usr/src/rtl8169/r8169-6.010.00/src/r8169_n.c:3682: error: implicit 
declaration of function ‘netif_rx_schedule_prep’
/usr/src/rtl8169/r8169-6.010.00/src/r8169_n.c:3683: error: implicit 
declaration of function ‘__netif_rx_schedule’
/usr/src/rtl8169/r8169-6.010.00/src/r8169_n.c:3714: error: expected 
expression before ‘)’ token
/usr/src/rtl8169/r8169-6.010.00/src/r8169_n.c:3714: warning: ‘return’ 
with a value, in function returning void
/usr/src/rtl8169/r8169-6.010.00/src/r8169_n.c: In function ‘rtl8169_poll’:
/usr/src/rtl8169/r8169-6.010.00/src/r8169_n.c:3735: error: implicit 
declaration of function ‘netif_rx_complete’
make[3]: *** [/usr/src/rtl8169/r8169-6.010.00/src/r8169_n.o] Error 1
make[2]: *** [_module_/usr/src/rtl8169/r8169-6.010.00/src] Error 2
make[2]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/linux-2.6.30'
make[1]: *** [modules] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/rtl8169/r8169-6.010.00/src'
make: *** [modules] Error 2

slave:/usr/src/rtl8169/r8169-6.010.00 # uname -a
Linux slave 2.6.30 #2 Sat Jun 13 23:31:10 CEST 2009 i686 athlon i386 
GNU/Linux
slave:/usr/src/rtl8169/r8169-6.010.00 #