Subject: Re: [net-2.6 PATCH 1/2] qla3xxx: Give the PHY time to come out of reset.

From: Franco Fichtner <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 24 Jun 2009 10:56:11 +0200

Ron Mercer wrote:
> +	/* Give the PHY time to come out of reset. */
> +	mdelay(100);
>   

Why *delay* for 100ms? This is something I pointed out quite a while ago 
when
you first introduced your driver.

Looking at the other patch where you eventually replaced the delay with 
a sleep
left the door wide open for a lock related issue. So I can see why the 
delay works
"better" for you.

However, I also recall pointing out the locking in this driver needed 
some work,
because there were spinlocks held over the duration of numerous function 
calls.
It seemed like a mess, but nobody cared.

Franco