Subject: Re: Announcing ConnMan.net

From: Pádraig Brady <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 25 Jun 2009 15:39:11 +0100

Marcel Holtmann wrote:
> Intel and Nokia are pleased to jointly launch the ConnMan project, an
> open source project to accelerate and expand development of Internet
> connection management for Linux Devices. ConnMan will be utilized as a
> technology within Moblin and Maemo. Connman.net is now the place to
> bring developers together who are interested in furthering the
> development of Internet connection management within Linux. Review the
> source code for more information. ConnMan is licensed under GPLv2, and
> provides a daemon for managing Internet connections within Linux
> devices. ConnMan is a fully modular system that can be extended, through
> plugins, to support all kinds of wired or wireless technologies.
> Configuration methods, like DHCP and domain name resolving, are
> implemented using plug-ins as well. The plug-in approach allows for easy
> adaption and modification for various use cases. Nokia and Intel will
> jointly maintain the ConnMan project. We'd like to invite all developers
> to join the connman.net effort and community.
> 
> Marcel Holtmann, Intel Open Source Technology Center
> Jukka Rissanen, Nokia Devices, Maemo Software

I was wondering how this related to networkmanager.
Dan Williams just posted some comparisons:
http://blogs.gnome.org/dcbw/2009/06/25/networkmanager-and-connman/

cheers,
Pádraig.